Medical offices require the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitation in order to safeguard your patients and staff. Particularly with the COVID-19 pandemic, people are paying attention to how clean their surroundings are. This goes double for a medical office! You can keep your office safe and your patients protected with professional medical office cleaning.
The Importance of Cleanliness and Sanitation
The primary reason a medical office needs to be clean is to prevent the spread of germs and illness to any occupant. Different types of facilities have different sanitation needs. For example, an acute care facility needs higher levels of sanitation than a primary care facility. Regardless of the level of care, basic sanitation is necessary for a medical office to be safe.
What Type of Cleaning Does Your Medical Office Need?
Depending on the type of care you provide, you might need one or more types of cleaning. Some common commercial cleaning services include:
- Blood and bodily fluid cleanup. If you routinely draw or collect blood and bodily fluids in your office, you need a plan in place for emergency cleanup and routine disinfection. Blood and other bodily fluids carry pathogens that can easily spread and without professional cleaning, these biohazards can linger. Professional-level techniques and equipment are used by PPE-protected technicians to restore all infected areas.
- COVID-19 cleanup. This specialized cleaning is focused on entirely decontaminating a space to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Industry-approved cleaning materials are used to verify that the area meets hospital-level standards of disinfection – before, during and after exposure to the Coronavirus.
- General commercial cleaning. Sanitation and disinfection are obvious reasons for having your medical office professionally cleaned but aesthetics are also important when it comes to attracting (and welcoming back) those who spend time there. A pristine, well-kept space is a solid sign that you care about everyone’s comfort and safety. Routine cleanings including HEPA vacuuming and air scrubbers keep surfaces and air welcoming and sanitary.
Keeping Things Their Cleanest
To guarantee your medical office is as sanitized and safe as possible, professional services are your best option. Ensuring you and your staff have structured practices in place can fill the gaps between regularly scheduled cleanings. A few ways you can maintain cleanliness and promote a healthy environment include:
- Frequent handwashing
- Disinfecting of any shared equipment or surfaces
- Designated eating areas
- Sweeping, mopping and vacuuming of high-traffic areas
- Air purifiers
Get a Clean Bill of Health With Green Restoration
At Green Restoration, we are experts in medical office cleaning, compliant with all safety and hygiene regulations. Our experienced technicians specialize in using environmentally-friendly, hospital-grade disinfectants. Contact us today to learn how your medical office can achieve tip-top shape!